The Sexual Offences Investigation Techniques Development Programme (SOITDP) is a specialist course aimed at developing investigators working within the Sexual Offences Investigation arena.
Incorporating National Occupational standards (NOS) and College of Policing Guidelines, RSL courses address the requirements, requisite knowledge and understanding required to perform this role.
History, legislation, psychology and a range of areas are covered within this training package.
Learners will leave this course trained at the appropriate level to enable them to:
- Plan and conduct serious and complex investigations
- Conduct and evaluate interviews with victims and witnesses for serious and complex investigations in line with VRI & ABE guidelines
- Provide an initial response to incidents
- Provide initial support to victims, survivors and witnesses and assess their needs for further support
- Notify victims and witnesses of the outcome of cases and address their reaction
- 5 Days
- Legal & Procedural Frameworks
- Investigative Processes
- Responding to allegations
- Management & Support
- Initial Response
- Forensic Retrieval
- Supporting complainants
- Police and law enforcement agencies
- Interviewers from all sectors who are involved in visually recorded interviewing witnesses in accordance with achieving best evidence.