CCTV makes a significant and often critical contribution to the detection of crime. The degree to which it can be secured and relied on in court depends upon the evidence being gathered in a forensically sound manner by a skilled individual.
This qualification has been developed to provide learners with the knowledge, understanding, and skills required in CCTV investigation and evidence retrieval. The qualification includes 3-days of classroom-based learning where each candidate’s theory and practical knowledge are put to the test on a variety of CCTV recording devices.
The qualification consists of 3 units:
Roles, Responsibilities and Legislation involved in CCTV Investigation and Retrieval
- Understand the purpose of CCTV
- Understand the legislation involved in CCTV investigation and retrieval
- Understand the principles of retrieval, management and retention of CCTV evidence
- Understand the principles of presenting evidence in court
CCTV Systems and Health & Safety Considerations
- Understand different types of CCTV systems
- Understand the types of storage used in CCTV systems
- Understand the Health and Safety risks involved in using CCTV equipment
- Understand the process involved when dealing with CCTV owners
Navigating, Seizing, Installing and Testing CCTV Machines
- Be able to use CCTV systems to¬¬ conduct CCTV searches and download CCTV evidence
- Be able to install and test CCTV systems when conducting a swap / replace on a CCTV unit (DVR/NVR)
This qualification has been developed by RSL with the support of experienced CCTV media investigation teams.
The course consists of 38 hours of learning, made up as follows:
- Post tutorial assignment
- 3 tutorial training days
The one-off enrolment fee for this qualification includes:
- All mandatory taught tutorial dates
- All required course materials
- All certification and qualification costs
Procurement savings may be available for group bookings or in-house courses, contact us for more details
This qualification can be delivered either in-house or at regular open programme tutorials delivered across the country.
RSL can also deliver this qualification to your organisation or partnership “in-house” (minimum numbers required) to find out more about in-house courses please get in touch via email at email@example.com