Mental Health Champion (1 Day)
The online MHFA course consists of learning via a dedicated online hub, using videos, quizzes and utilising your comprehensive manuals.
Participants will gain a greater awareness of mental health, to detect early symptoms of common mental illnesses and the skills to support their own and others’ positive wellbeing.
This one day course trains you as an MHFA Champion, giving you:
- An understanding of common mental health issues
- Knowledge and confidence to advocate for mental health awareness
- Ability to spot signs of mental ill health
- Skills to support positive wellbeing
Who Should Attend
This course is for anyone who is committed to supporting their organisation as a Mental Health Champion.
- This is a one day course delivered either face-to-face or live online
- Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities
We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A certificate of attendance to say you are an MHFA Champion
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health