Mental Health Awareness (½ Day)
The online MHFA course consists of learning via a dedicated online hub, using videos, quizzes and utilising your comprehensive manuals.
It is designed to give you an a basic understanding of mental health and some common issues, as well as an introduction into looking after your own mental health.
This course raises awareness of mental health. It covers:
- What mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
Who Should Attend
This course is for anyone who is committed to supporting their organisation as a Mental Health Champion.
- This is a half day course delivered either face-to-face or via online.
- Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions, and workshop activities.
We limit numbers to 25 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health.
- A certificate of attendance to say you are Mental Health Aware.