In recent years, the subject of adult abuse has been highly topical and has had some devastating consequences.
Given the recent changes to safeguarding legislation (The Care Act 2014 and the requirements of the Mental Capacity Act 2005) and the impact of recent high profile cases, adult and elder safeguarding should form essential training across a multi-agency arena.
RSL offer a series of courses covering safeguarding which can be delivered to multiple audiences and set at any level from basic to the most advanced.
Red Snapper Learning’s courses provide learners with a broad based knowledge of safeguarding procedures and policies.
At the end of the course the students will be able to:
- Explain the importance of Risk Assessment and vulnerability
- Define the categories of abuse
- Outline relevant legislation and statutory responsibilities
- Explain how to respond to different allegations of abuse
- Define the Mental Capacity Act
- 1-3 days
- Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Care Act 2014
- Serious Case Reviews
- Modern Day Slavery
- Human Trafficking
- Types and Signs of Abuse
- Risk Assessment
- How to Respond to Allegations
- Information Sharing
Any organisation or agency that interacts with vulnerable adults in any capacity.
Please note, that this course is not for individuals. We only deliver this course to organisations with 5 or more delegates.