To support participants in identifying and appropriately challenging sexism and sexist language, gender stereotyping, and misogynistic behaviour.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define misogyny and sexism and the impact of these behaviours on individuals and society
- Develop their understanding of misogyny, why and how it is maintained in society
- Demonstrate the use of gender-neutral language
- Implement the tools needed to desist from misogynistic behaviours and challenge their own thinking and others appropriately
- What is meant by sexism and misogyny and some definitions of these?
- Recognising misogyny and sexism, using case studies and real-life scenarios
- Examining the impact of every sexism and misogyny
- The importance of challenging inappropriate behaviours and practising them