Register for one of our FREE "Investigative Practice" courses
The Investigative Practice courses will be taking place from the 28th June until the 2nd of July with one of our accredited Red Snapper Learning Trainers at venues in Manchester, Birmingham and Hampshire.
Manchester 28.06 - 02.07 - Manchester Central
Birmingham 28.06 - 02.07 - IBIS Hotel Birmingham New Street
Hampshire 28.06 - 02.07 - Novotel Southampton
Our Investigative Practice courses are FREE for all attendees and consist of a 5 day modular training schedule, based on the following learning objectives:
Day 1 – Evidence Gathering and Collection
- Delegates understand legislation and the implications in regard to searching & seizure.
- Delegates understand operational planning, briefing, risk assessments and debriefing operations.
- Delegates are competent in the secure collection and presentation of evidence, i.e. search, seize, package & label exhibits.
- Delegates understand the principles for handling digital evidence and evidential photography.
- Delegates are able to evaluate material gathered during an investigation.
Day 2 – Conducting Evidence Based Investigations
- Delegates understand legislation & powers related to conducting investigations, including ethics, evidence-based concepts, investigative mindset & NDM).
- Delegates can apply appropriate investigative actions & plans.
- Delegates can review and triage investigative opportunities including utilising TIE, specialist support, fast track actions, strategies and hypothesis.
- Delegates are able to document and record their actions when planning, at scene and reviewing of actions.
- Delegates understand safeguarding legislation and implications.
Day 3 – Witness Interviewing, Statement Taking
- Delegates understand techniques for interviewing witnesses and victims and can identify those individuals that fall within the categories of S.16 and S.17 as stipulated by the Youth Justice and Criminal Evidence Act 1999 (YJCEA.) including Special Measures.
- Delegates understand procedures in regard to Witness Statements, note taking, contemporaneous notes and recording of interviews.
- Delegates understand the IPPEC 5-part structured statement.
Day 4 – Dealing with Suspects
- Delegates understand PEACE interviews and the range of disposals available.
- Delegates understand the skill standards of PACE compliant interviews.
- Delegates are able to plan & prepare for an interview.
- Delegates understand suspect interview processes.
- Delegates understand legislation and suspects rights and entitlements.
Day 5 – Court Procedures and CPIA (Disclosure)
- Delegates understand disclosure obligations under the Criminal Procedures & Investigations Act 1996 (CPIA).
- Delegates are able to clearly document, rationalise and structure evidential reports.
- Delegates can explain how to prepare a case file to take a matter to court.
- Delegates understand the court process including how to give evidence if called.
This training will be delivered in a COVID compliant manner with an accredited Red Snapper Learning trainer.
Learners who cannot attend the full 5 day course will be permitted to attend on certain days during the course as agreed with the RSL team.
However, in order to receive full certification you will be required to attend the entire 5 day course.
Please note that places are limited due to the number of available spaces at each venue, alongside social distancing requirements. Delegates will be allocated on a first come first-served basis.
For any further questions about the course please contact the team via email@example.com or call us on 0203 119 3390.