Investigative Interviewing – PIP2 Serious and Complex Crime (Suspect and Witness)
It has become more common at court since the introduction of the 2019 Victims Code for interviewers at court to be questioned as to their training – in effect were they qualified to conduct the interview in question?
RSL offer interviewing courses at Serious and Complex (tier 2) and Specialist (tier 3) levels.
Our courses are bespoke to the needs of the client and include:
- Visual Recorded interviewing in accordance of Achieving Best Evidence
- Note taking SE3R
All modules can be delivered as separate courses or combined into one comprehensive course.
All courses contain assessed role plays and can be pass/fail if required.
RSL courses comply with National Occupational Standards and College of Policing guidelines.
Learners will leave these courses trained at the appropriate PIP 2 level to interview
- Witness – to include vulnerable, intimidated and significant
- Suspect – to include voluntary interviews
- Typically 5 days
- Police and law enforcement agencies
- Interviewers from all sectors who are involved in questioning both witnesses and suspects