BTEC Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training Award
The Pearson BTEC Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (QCF) is designed both for learners who are new to, or just about to start, teaching and those who are already in a teaching or training role and who need a formal teaching qualification in addition to their existing qualifications or experience. It is suitable for anyone teaching or training in, for example, community-based adult education, adult Basic Skills, workbased learning, Further Education, healthcare, the police and emergency services, museums and libraries provision, private training providers and prison education.
This qualification will enable you to formally design and deliver training and, as such, ensure that learners are being provided with the highest possible standard of excellence from you, the trainer.
Early Bird Discount Rate: £695 (reduced from £995 if booked by August 27th 2018)
*Opportunity for some reimbursement if you deliver RSL contracts post-qualification
Use Code L4D500 when booking to apply code
The award is made up the successful completion of classroom theory which covers:
- Understanding the roles responsibilities and relationships in Education and Training
- Planning to meet the needs of the learner in Education and Training
- Delivering Education and Training
- Assessing learners in Education and training
- Using resources in Education and Training
Below are the learning outcomes for each objective:
Understanding the roles responsibilities and relationships in Education and Training
- The legislation and policies relevant to teaching
- Understand the impacts of barriers to learning
- Provide you with a thorough understanding of how your role is crucial in the development of others, including your own
Planning to meet the needs of the learner in Education and Training
- An understanding of learning styles
- How to create an inclusive teaching environment
- The academic theory which underpins adult learning
Delivering Education and Training
- Opportunity to deliver quality session with a supporting mentor
- An understanding of the theories behind learning
Assessing learners in Education and training
- Delivering quality and appropriate feedback
- An understanding of the assessment process
- An understanding of the various methods of classroom based assessments
Using resources in Education and Training
- How to plan effectively and appropriately to support all learners
- How to ensure that learning outcomes are set correctly, are achievable and relevant
- Utilising a variety of ‘teaching methods and aids’ to provide a holistic learning experience
You will be formally assessed on two occasions and will also be required to build an online portfolio of evidence, which will outline how you are delivering training within your workplace.
Throughout this process you will have access to RSL online learning portal and an assessor/mentor
You will be assigned an assessor and also attend a 4 day classroom based course which will provide you with the knowledge, skills and support to successfully complete this award
In addition, this award can, if you require, provide a platform for the completion of higher level awards in both training, training development and assessing candidates in the workplace.
- All mandatory taught tutorial dates
- All required course materials
- Access to Red Snapper Learning’s E-Learning Portal
- All certification and qualification costs.
This qualification will be delivered at our offices in Old Street.
Please view the calendar for the dates of the next upcoming event and book via the link